[TYPO3-core] RFC: Fix #7743: Install Tool: Create "admin" user doesn't work anymore in 4.2-beta3

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Mar 4 10:54:40 CET 2008

This is a SVN patch request.

Problem:
After dropping all tables in my database and recreate them with the COMPARE
module of the install tool I tried to create the admin account. The
following error occurs: "Required table not in database - 'be_users' must
be a table in the database!"
The table "be_users" exists in the database (I checked this with
phpmyadmin).

Solution:
This is caused by my changes in RFC #7589. t3lib_install::getListOfTables()
returns a copy of t3lib_db::admin_get_tables(). However, I had changed this
function so that it does no longer return arrays with tablename in key and
also value, but instead now uses the value for collecting table details
("SHOW TABLE STATUS FROM <table>").

Solution is to adapt t3lib_install::getListOfTables() so that it continues
to send tablename in array key and also its value.

The alternative solution would be to modify all calls to
t3lib_install::getListOfTables() - what do you think?

Branches: TYPO3_4-2

Bugtracker reference:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7743

Comments:
I have also noticed that DBAL needs to be changed so it confirms with these
changes. So there is one more possible alternative: Revert to original
return value for t3lib_db::admin_get_tables(), mark it deprecated and
introduce a new method instead. I did not yet do so because I assume
there's noone else outside the core who is using it.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out