[TYPO3-core] RFC: Fix (part of) #7589: FULLTEXT keys are not processed correctly

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Mon Mar 3 00:35:24 CET 2008

Hey,

I just prechecked the code. Unfortunately, I couldn't do a full code
review + testing today. Hopefully I will get this done by tomorrow.
However, I would like to have this in beta3!

Michael, one (first) question:

-  obj_string tinytext NOT NULL,
-  appdata mediumblob NOT NULL,
-  title tinytext NOT NULL,
+  obj_string varchar(255) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
+  appdata blob NOT NULL,
+  title varchar(255) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,

Why is this change needed / how it is related to the bug?

Additionally: I'd suggest moving the whole "blobtotext" discussion into
another thread & RFC as there are still some concerns from Masi that
should be taken care of and should be handled separately -- maybe
together with the other charset-related functions (UTF-8 by default, but
not enforced) that I'd like to see for 4.2 :)

--
greetings,
benni.