[TYPO3-core] RFC: Resubmission of feature #1585: Logfile by Request URI + configuration of Empty Referer handling + logline hook

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sun Mar 2 12:19:32 CET 2008

Hi Steffen,

>> By the way, my first patch took care of some more things. For example, it
>> finally appends the fe_user name to the access-logfile, so maybe you can
>> fix this as well?
>
> sure, 2nd version of the patch does it (and referer if any)

Hmm, I think you misunderstood what I meant: The fe_username logging does
not apply to the syslog() feature, but to the statistics feature of
course! :-)

> Of coarse now these errors are declared as fatal. We could introduce
> $this->severity and set this before to differ.

Why not decide based on the HTTP statuts code?

200 => make sure this does not get logged
404 => notice
500 => fatal
503 => fatal
anything else => ? (I think this should be treated similar like status 200,
                    and we enable those missing codes explicitely)

> I would also like to see this 4 severities as Constants declared global to
> be more descriptive in syslogs-calls as they are used very often, it is
> better readable to see something like
> t3lib_div::sysLog($logLine,'cms',TYPO3_SEVERITY_FATAL_ERROR);

Good idea! +1

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out