[TYPO3-core] RFC: #1364, #5985, #7624: improved version of getUrl (cUrl, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, error reporting)

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Sun Mar 2 00:01:00 CET 2008

Hi Martin,

> The idea is that in crucial points like the EM, the reason is reported
> to the user, so she can check her setup, and figure out why eg TER
> couldn't be reached.

Code review:

- As it seems $report will always contain only the last error that occured.
  As far as I could see, this is ok as there is no case where more than two
  errors occur.

- Comments referring to PHP 4 should be changed (it is not supported, so it
  doesn't need to be mentioned)

Functional test:

- I only tried to update the TER updates using the cURL extension. Still
  works well.

+1 from me, so this is now ready to be commited. Hurry up, please! :-)

> PS: What about the PHP version now? If it's really 5.2 (as announced)
> and not 5.1 (as in the current code) I could use error_get_last() to
> report even file_get_contents() errors.

Officially 5.2 is the limit, but technically there are (afaik) still no
requirements beyond PHP 5.1. I still care about those RH and SuSE systems
who still seem to ship with 5.1 instead of something more recent (they call
this "enterprise" software).

So unless there is a very good reason, I would not lock out these users
about now...

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out