[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #6626: config.fileTarget for link target on files

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Fri Jul 25 17:24:40 CEST 2008

Hi,

> yes, I'd like to have a "secure file download" feature in the core at
> some point. That feature would take care of the target then, I could
> imagine. The patch could be solved with that feature then. No need to
> add another feature which will (maybe?) be solved in a 4.3.
>
> Ralf, should we drop or postpone this bug then?

I think Ralf's proposal makes sense and is quite simple. A secure file
download feature is entirely hypothetical at this point in time, so I
don't see which Ralf's patch should be postponed because of a feature
that may never come (is there anyone seriously working on that now?).

And just to answer Steffen's question:

>> sure, but does a filelink is different from internal link?

Yes. Really. I often have the need for files like images or PDFs to open
in a separate window, so this feature would be really useful.

Will test later on.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter