[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature Request #6087: IRRE - Localization of child records

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Wed Jan 30 15:38:13 CET 2008

Hi Steffen,

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> "Oliver Hader" <oh at inpublica.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.1.1201700602.7787.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
>> Hi Ingmar,
>>
>> Ingmar Schlecht schrieb:
>>> what do we do about this one?
>>>
>>> I will definitely not have time to review it before feature freeze, but
>>> it clearly is a patch that does need careful reviewing.
>>>
>>> Just one short comment: I don't think it makes sense to introduce a new
>>> class t3lib_tca for the functions in there. If we introduce new t3lib
>>> classes, they should have a well thought-out interface.
>> That's correct and is also my opinion I stated in the RFC. t3lib_tca is
>> currenty just for IRRE and doesn't have a real generic concept. So, I'm
>> going to remove that class and put the checks into the concerned classes
>> (t3lib_TCEforms, t3lib_TCEforms_inline and t3lib_TCEmain).
>>
>> The very careful reviewing is basically required for t3lib_TCEmain.
>> I know about two JavaScript bugs which only occour in the IRRE
>> selector/combined mode and which will be fixed in beta-phase. But it would
>> be great if this feature could be integrated into TYPO3 4.2.
>>
>> Until now I didn't receive any feedback concerning the implementation and
>> behaviour of IRRE localization at all. If there's anything I can provide,
>> like screencasts etc. let me know...
>
> i would help with testing. Is there a special way to test that, any
> suggested extension to use for?

That's great! Thanks in advance. I've integrated the new TCA settings
into the "IRRE Tutorial", available in the TER with the extension key
"irre_tutorial" [1]. Just install that extension and use the new
installed back-end module to import some sample data (or upgrade to
version 0.1.9 if you had it installed before).

Then you can test this RFC with the different IRRE possibilities.
If you need further information, just let me know...

olly

[1] http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/irre_tutorial/0.1.9/
--
Oliver Hader