[TYPO3-core] RFC:: Bug 7214: Integrate topMenu in backend.php

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Sun Jan 20 01:38:37 CET 2008

"Ingo Renner" <ingo at typo3.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1200785493.10725.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>
> Hi Steffen,
>
>> Problem:
>> Extensions like extdeveval use a hook for fetchContentTopmenu.
>> There is no rendering of this method in new Backend.
>
> I only know two extension adding stuff to the top menu:
> * extdeveval
> * roles (or so)
>
> the last one is said to get rewritten to fit 4.2. Extdeveval only adds a
> menu for core documentation which I think is not that important (not the
> documentation, but the links).
>
> For me this means that this is not really important. I'd also rather like
> to keep backend.php clean of any pre-backend.php-time code and only add
> compatability if we realy need to. Other then that backend.php already
> offers means to extend the toolbar with new toolbar-items, add JS, and add
> CSS.
>
> Nevertheless I could imagine having an extension that acts as a translator
> between the old mechanism and the new one instead of adding this patch to
> the core - it just doesn't feel 100% right.
> This is really tough but I'd vote -0.5 for this change.
>

> all the best
> Ingo

ok, i understand what you mean. So i choose the other way and make a patch
for extdeveval.
I didn't realized this "plugin" possibility and have to look how it works.

btw - should a patch also called in this list or BT only?

The reason is that extdeveval is an important tool for developing and the
links for the api are a very useful dev tool.

vg  Steffen