[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #5421: Problem ignoring extension constraints

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Fri Jan 18 18:19:24 CET 2008

"Ernesto Baschny [cron IT]" <ernst at cron-it.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1200670559.4784.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> Ingo Renner wrote: on 18.01.2008 14:36:
>> Francois Suter wrote:
>>
>> Hi Francois,
>>
>>> Huh? You want that word "de-localised"? I don't understand. What's the
>>> rationale here?
>>
>> Extension is (/should be) a fixed term in TYPO3...
>> One can always go over the top with some stuff, including localization.
>
> Hm, I don't agree, as we always talk about "Erweiterungen" in german when
> talking about extensions. So why should it be a "fixed term"? I would
> agree that "Plugin" is somehow "untranslatable", but I think this is a
> decision that has to be made for each term, and not in general (as in
> "admin mode is english only").
>
> Cheers,
> Ernesto

i don't see a problem with "Erweiterung" because translation is correct. I
think the problem is, that we are used to talk about Extensions, but we are
developers. Other "Admins" may not, and they know what the meaning of the
term is.
It's another point with some words, where translation leads to something
different like "Mount/Freigabe".

vg  Steffen