[TYPO3-core] RFC: #6995 Context Senstitive Help text should be displayed faster

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Thu Jan 17 22:03:44 CET 2008

Hi,

> thanks that you take care. Any idea with broken char encoding? I looked to
> it and don't understand as the text is retrieved same method like other help
> texts.

Basically the issue is that the method helpCol() of the EM called
t3lib_BEfunc::helpText() and t3lib_BEfunc::helpTextIcon() directly
rather than calling the more general t3lib_BEfunc::cshItem(). The latter
takes care of the encoding.

I figured out that first part pretty quickly, but then got bogged down
in the CSH keys, because that was unfamiliar territory.

I just don't have time to finish properly tonight. It's still early for
a developer but I badly need sleep ;-)

Cheers

--

Francois Suter