[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7121: index_ts.php concerning frontend editing

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at xetpoint.fi
Mon Jan 14 08:08:31 CET 2008

Martin Kutschker kirjoitti:
> Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>>> Can you explain in more detail what breaks? It's good to know that eg
>>> pixe_feediting doesn't work ith this code, but for a proper fix I
>>> think we should know which PHP functions don't work (eg because
>>> something isn't properly initialized etc).
>>
>> Actually, should we change core if one or two extensions do not work?
>> Should those extensions be changed?

> Well, it's worth to have a look to see what happened. But as both
> extensions fail because they using XCLASSes I'm not inclined to change
> something in the Core. At least not when the error descriptions is "the
> functions don't do what is expected", whatever the expected result is.

when clicking move up/down or something else the action works
immediately. the file index_ts.php can't be changed using XCLASS and
available hook don't help.

The only way to solve is just to replace index_ts.php with another file,
  which is a bad way.

> I'm willing to make a change if there's something broken in the line of
> initialization or so in index_ts.php.
some conditions could help - executing certain POST parameter the order
of handling FE stuff could be different.