[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7101: CType bullets not rendered correctly

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Jan 8 21:00:49 CET 2008

Steffen Kamper wrote: on 08.01.2008 20:24:

> here comes second version of patch changed, thanks Olly for proposals.
>
> 1) foreach with reference
> 2) removed html to TS
>
> I looked to changelog of the pi1 and it seems that this was broken long long
> time. I wonder that noone before asked for that.
> So maybe this patch could also used for 4.x versions (reference should work
> with php4 also)

It doesn't make sense only to move the <li> generation to TypoScript.
Then this part should also be configurable in TypoScript:

                         $out = '
                                 <ul class="csc-bulletlist
csc-bulletlist-'.$type.'">'.
                                         implode('',$lines).'
                                 </ul>';

And if you do that, this would also close this request:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=3055

which btw contains a pretty good TypoScript you could use.

And I think you will have to provide a compatibility mode which works
with TypoScript as it worked in pre-4.2 and only switch to the new mode
in compatVersion 4.2. I know this is anoying, but there might be several
people with pre-4.2 installations that might be using some customized
TypoScript (that does not include the new wraps) and calling
render_uploads on it.

If you do that, it's also a +1 from me.

Cheers,
Ernesto