[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature Request #7150: Add pageUnavailable_handling for system problems and maintenance

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Sun Feb 24 21:49:14 CET 2008

Hi,

> Solution:
> Add pageUnavailable_handling, which is equivalent to the
> pageNotFound_handling that already exists in core.  This allows custom
> maintenance pages that automatically appear and disappear when a site is
> broken.  It's also possible to click one checkbox in the All
> Configuration section of the Install Tool to manually disable a site
> during upgrades or maintenance.

I may have missed something, but I couldn't find a commit notice for
that one, although it did get committed (which is quite fine, since Jeff
is a core-team members and had more than enough +1's for that feature).
I'm just surprised that there was no trace.

Also I added the following note about it in the wiki's NEWS.txt page:

* Display a special static page when the site is blocked (e.g. database
connection error). This can also be used to display an information page
during site maintenance

Cheers

--

Francois Suter