[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #6846: Enable tabs in tt_content records (new)

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Fri Feb 22 10:30:43 CET 2008

Hi Steffen,

Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> * When using text/w image, we have a tab "Media" where the image options
>> are, though when using type "Image", it's directly in the first tab. This
>> way the user is confused doesn't know where it is. I'd like to have this
>> in the Media tab there as well... otherwise it makes it inconsistent. But
>> then also, the Type should be renamed to "Text w/ Media" and we could
>> integrate the cool ext from Georg (probably for 4.3 then). Anyway, so I
>> propose to have the Images always in the second tab. People rather click
>> on the second tab than scrolling all the way down (at least that's my
>> impression).
>
> if we have a "single" contentelement, all informations are in "General" tab.
> This makes sense because you don't need 2 clicks to apply CE's settings.
> Text/images is a combined field, where one part must go in second tab, and
> Text is the main for General.

I just tested the patch, and have to agree with Benni on this point.
Even though I see your point with having all image options in the first
tab for the "image only" content element, I find it a little confusing.
So for the sake of consistency I vote for moving it into the Media tab
even for the "image" CE.

- The "To top" flag is still inconsistently placed: It's in the media
tab for "Text with Image" but in General at all other places.

In general, I am in favour of having an even leaner General tab with
basically just "type", "title", and "header" (plus a few more general
options maybe), but having ALL specific content element related options
in a separate tab... What do you think?

cheers
Ingmar

--