[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7307 - Open Documents Fixes - Part 1

Benjamin Mack mack at xnos.org
Thu Feb 21 22:33:26 CET 2008

Hey guys,

this is a SVN patch request.

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7307

Branches: 4.2

Problem & Solution:
1. The new opendocs toolbar item did not work for quite some time as
functionality was accidentally removed from alt_doc.php. So I
reimplemented this feature and the menu works again.
2. I also implemented a simple access check so you can disable the
toolbarItem through UserTSconfig (has to be documented! I will not
forget that).

   backendToolbarItem.tx_opendocs.disabled = 1

3. Additionally we wanted to show the number of opened documents in the
toolbar, so I used the getUpdateSignal() in t3lib_BEfunc and rewrote it.
Before there was only one function getSetUpdateSignal() which I did not
like because it was used to get and to set the updatesignal, whether
there was a parameter or not. This is not good code IMHO so I split it
in two parts by still keeping backwards compatibility with the old
function. This function was used to add JScode at the bottom of a page
and was hardcoded to only update the pagetree if an update was needed. I
implemented a hook so it is possible for extensions (like tx_opendocs)
to use this updater as well. I actually use this to update the number of
opened documents.

4. I also did some minor fixes to the code.

So, this brings back the full functionality to the tx_opendocs finally.
There are still things to be done before the final release, but I'd like
to get your guys' opinion of the code before beta2 (and before I commit
this :)).

These tasks are still open for the opendocs - toolbar:

* Search icon still has to be at the end of the toolbar
* Styling of the topbar
* The menu entries should be rendered through recordItems with icon etc.
* There should be an option to close the records through the menu
* If menu is opened and a document is closed, it should be refreshed as
well (trivial)

--
greetings,
benni.