[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7393: Wrapperfunctions for strtoupper and strtolower

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Tue Feb 19 15:27:35 CET 2008

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> "Martin Kutschker" <Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net> schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.1.1203429673.13658.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
>> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>>> I have commited this to 4_2 but to be of any effect there needs to be a
>>> followup for tslib and indedex search.
>> I have commited attached change for indexed search. I think the reasoning
>> of this is clear as it has been discussed before (Turkish locale).
>>
>> Masi
>
> great, thx!
> So i can modify the replace unused marker patch as well to use this function
> now.

Yes.

I have found it tslib_content a few occurrences of toupper and tolower that
work on tags and attributes. For html this should (in theory) work on ASCII
as html tags and attributes may not contain any accenteded characters. But
this is not true for xml which allows also allows utf8 (only?) in names. As
this is rarely seen and xml is case sensitive anyway, I think it is safe to
use the new ASCII wrappers to avoid further problems with Turkish.

Do you think that many people use typotags or markers that contain accented
characters (latin1) or eg cyrillic?

Masi