[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #6846: Enable tabs in tt_content records (new)

Benjamin Mack mack at xnos.org
Mon Feb 18 11:28:40 CET 2008

Hey Steffen,

my two cents...

* I'd rather have it done right and well thought out than hurried ;-).

* When using text/w image, we have a tab "Media" where the image options
are, though when using type "Image", it's directly in the first tab.
This way the user is confused doesn't know where it is. I'd like to have
this in the Media tab there as well... otherwise it makes it
inconsistent. But then also, the Type should be renamed to "Text w/
Media" and we could integrate the cool ext from Georg (probably for 4.3
then). Anyway, so I propose to have the Images always in the second tab.
People rather click on the second tab than scrolling all the way down
(at least that's my impression).

* Image Links needs to be right under Image Dimensions IMHO, I use this
far more than the "Long URL description" and such. Apart from that I
like the ordering of the Image stuff.

* Thanks for the access tab :)

* To top needs to be in a separate part (;;;;), otherwise people think
it belongs to e.g. the image.

* "To top" is in the second tab when using a plugin, otherwise in the
first tab. => inconsistent.

* Not so sure about the "Tabs in Tabs" for the plugins (looks ok for the
table), but maybe I just need to get used to it.

Maybe I'll find more while testing... :)

No +1 yet. Maybe I need to get used to it more...

--
greetings,
benni.

www.xnos.de // www.xnos.org