[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #2988, enable EXPLAIN SELECT in TS admin panel

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Mon Feb 4 17:36:44 CET 2008

Moreno Feltscher schrieb:
>> Comments:
>> The patch is not DBAL compliant. Should we care? IMHO it can be
>> implemented later by request.
>
> Would be very nice..
> If it is OK for you I'll do this.

Suggestion: add an EXPLAIN method to t3lib_db and extend the method for the
various DB handlers in DBAL. IIRC there is already some stub code somewhere
in DBAL (though not in t3lib_db).

Note on Oracle: AFAIK the standard procedure is to use a certain table for
EXPLAINing. I think the DBAL can assume this name. If you're ambitiuos you
can make this configurable, but DBAL is for pros only that know what
they're into ;-)

Masi