[TYPO3-core] RFC #8578: Umlauts get displayed wrong in Web>Access module after updating rights

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Thu Aug 14 13:10:30 CEST 2008

Hi!

Tobias Liebig wrote:
> This is an SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Bugfix
>
> Bugtracker reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=8578
>
> Branches: 4.2, trunk
>

> Note:
> we had this issue already right before releasing 4.2.1, but postponed
> the latest patch in favor of a better solution. And here we go!
>

> Problem:
> (Reported by Susanne Moog)
> When updating user or group permissions inline in web>access ->
> permissions the umlauts are displayed wrong (see screenshot). If you
> change the module and then go back, everything is ok again. So it is
> saved correctly, only displayed wrong.

I am unable to reproduce the problem in current 4-2 branch and trunk. I
use ["BE"]["forceCharset"] = 'utf-8' in both installations and ff3
clientside.

OTOH the applied patch does not break anything. So +- 0 from me on testing.

BTW: There is another bug in the permissions list that shows
htmlspecialchared "<i>[number]!</i>" for deleted owners (and groups?) of
a page.

Cheers
Christian