[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7612: cannot clear extension's FE cache from Backend

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Wed Apr 23 09:44:59 CEST 2008

Hi Steffen,

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Type: Bugfix
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=87612

http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7612
(too fast again *g*)

> Branches: 4.2
>
> Problem:
> Clearing all caches is meant for "all" cache tables, that means all system
> tables start with cache_*
> Actually only 3 of them are cleared, remaining tables not cleared are
>
> - cache_extensions
> - cache_imagesizes
> - cache_md5params
>
> Additionally there is a hook for extensions to add more tables.
>
> Solution:
> I added a patch which clears this 3 tables too.

I still can't see how this is related to the original bug description:
* cache_extensions is for EM only
* cache_imagesizes doesn't contain any text
* cache_md5params is for URL handling/resolving - all "+M5..." URLs will
e.g. then point only to the root page because GET params cannot be
loaded anymore

-1 since it seems to be a wrong bug description and has side effects in FE

olly
--
Oliver Hader
TYPO3 Core Team