[TYPO3-core] RCF: #8157 t3editor don't work in Fx, IE7 and Opera (saving)

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Sat Apr 19 11:01:14 CEST 2008

Hi!

Erik Svendsen wrote:
> To me it looks like there are multiple issues in t3editor. Neither of
> them are any blockers to the release of 4.2 in my opinion, but t3editor
> should be moved out of core if not solved.

I disagree. If we follow your proposal, we should move lots of things outside of core (anything with bugs). May be we should drop the whole core because it has bugs. Bugs are not the reason to exclude something from core.

Btw, if you found bugs, you should report them to BT. Putting them here is not the right step on the way to solve them.

Or you can stop using t3editor. But you should not prevent others to use it.

> First: With t3editor installed and activated in template module it's
> impossible to save changes.

Not exactly. I had similar issue yesterday but could not reproduce it later.

When I tried to save, changes were not saved. There were no JS errors but after save I saw old TS.

What I did is: I took TS into a regular text editor (TextEdit on Mac) and reformatted it manually to see if there are any errors. Could not find any but as a result I made a good cleanup of a long TS from my test site.

Pasted it back to t3editor and could save without problem. Why? No idea.

> Second: Deactivating t3editor in template modul makes it impossible to
> activate it again.

Not true. See: http://www.screencast.com/t/T9zf4OI2

Again, if you found a bug, it can be solved only if you report it.

> It also looks like there are some minor inconsistent behavior in the
> editor, regarding autocomplete, tabs and newline.

Possible. This is a new code. True for most of new code. There are many glitches even in the code introduced in 4.0!

> To me this part of TYPO3 4.2.0 is still real Alpha and should be dropped
> in the 4.2 release. I can't give any patch, only the advice to drop
> t3editor from 4.2, release it as a normal extension when it's ready and
> put it in the core for a later version.

I completely disagree. I use t3editor often and it is wonderful thing. I really love it!

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team