[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bugfix #4186 GIFBUILDER cropsized images have bad quality

Helmut Hummel typo3 at jhpc.de
Fri Apr 11 19:45:24 CEST 2008

it's me again,

Helmut Hummel wrote:

> I don't know how the canvas support of im is used by the TYPO3
> gifbuilder, but I have the feeling, that it is not used at all. If my
> feelings are right, omitting the exclamation mark would do no harm, but
> perhaps someone else has the knowledge to prove this.

I thought about it:
Since the cropscale feature is in TYPO3 implemented as image resource (and the
result of this is always a finished image) and the crop geometry settings in the
T3 cropscaling is never bigger than the original image size, I come to the
conclusion, that omitting the exclamation mark is safe.

Does this sound reasonable?

--
lib.salutation = TEXT
lib.salutation.value = Kind regards, Helmut