[TYPO3-core] RFC #8040: Bug: Wrong check on creating folders in filelist makes them unaccessible

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Apr 10 11:18:32 CEST 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
> I expected something more funny. Easter egg with Bill or BSOD :)

Hm, I just realized that it is logical from Windows FS view. Dot separates file name from extension. In FAT FS these two parts are stored in separate fields and separating dot is never actually stored but generated only for visual representation of file name. So name of the directory with dot ("test.") is stored without dot, ext becomes empty and so dot is lost and never recreated because empty extensions are never shown. Funny how FAT structures still affect Windows :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team