[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8005: Linking across domains does not work with nested domains

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Mon Apr 7 14:52:21 CEST 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:

Dmitry,

> This problem was reported as a bug and I think it is a bug. I do not
> insist on my view of it as bug. But since it is marked a bug (not as
> feature),

We all know that unexperienced users sometimes do not or can not judge
between a bug or a feature in cases like this one where it might be a
borderline decision. In such cases it is up to us core developers to
change (correct) the bug's severity.

> I committed it as a bug fix. Every patch request that I sent
> here clearly showed 4.1 and

I didn't complain as I didn't see/read the RFC before this morning.

 > no one objected.

This sometimes happens if people are traveling home from T3BOARD ;-)

> I am open to discussion and ready to revert this change if this is
> considered as a new feature.

At least I would consider it a feature.

Ingo

--