[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bugfix 8001: Link Wizard not working if not in RTE mode

Ralf Hettinger ng at ralfhettinger.de
Mon Apr 7 14:26:09 CEST 2008

Hi guys,

at first: thanks for testing.

According the folder selection:

>> With your new option Folder the selecting is a bit strange. I can't
>> select a folder from the left side (the tree)
>> If i click on a folder, i see the listing of files and folders, so i
>> can click a file again. IMHO here only should be listed the folders.
>> Clicking on fileadmin in tree doesn't list the folders on the right.
>
> right. I think this sould be fixed in another patch, as a followup to
> the folder selecting feature.

Well. After some thinking about that, I'm not quite sure, if it makes sense to
have a folder selector in the link wizard anyways... the RTE doesn't support
folders and I think, there are some good reasons for that:

This feature "directorpicker" (as I understood it) was mainly thought for being
used from within TCEForms, which might do fancy stuff with postprocessing the
contents of some folder.
Linking to folders directly might very probable be unwanted - at least one had
to turn direcory listing on, to get anything out of it. There might be
occasions, where this indeed is desired behaviour (i.e. ppl want to link a
folder to list its content), though admittedly I doubt it for most circumstances.

However, I attached a patch with a more intuitive folder behaviour with the link
wizard.

More important, the attached patch will now handle not set links better (i.e. if
the link wizard is opened without a link set yet) : The default behaviour now is
to switch to tab "page" with current link not set at all.

Cheers
Ralf