[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8014: remove empty tabs from TCEForms

Malte Jansen mail at maltejansen.de
Sun Apr 6 18:04:11 CEST 2008

Hi Benni,

Benjamin Mack schrieb:
> Hey Malte,
>
> thanks a lot for your input.
>
> What I mentioned in my other post is that I think we should have a
> different treatment of dynTabMenus where they occur.
>
> a) the default behaviour in template.php is to "disable", not to
> "remove" empty tabs. We should not change this because it would break
> backwards compatibility. We experienced problems e.g. in the taskcenter.

The default behavior is set to disableTabs in dynTabMenus of
template.php. It's set with the last parameter which is set to "2".

> b) BUT we could set the behaviour for TCEforms specifically, where
> disabled empty tabs do not make a lot of sense. So it would be the best
> to change all occurences in the tables.php of the core to dividersToTabs
> = 2, and that would solve all problems then, right?

In the TCEforms the default behavor WAS removing empty tabs ("1"). Due
to a patch it does not work anymore.

I have attached a small patch, which removes the patch and changes to me
the correct part.

Please test the patch, to me it seems to work.

Cheers,

Malte