[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7854: Docheader: moving function menu to the left in second row

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Tue Apr 1 15:13:04 CEST 2008

Hi all,

> It was discussed in HCI and with Ingo and Patrick, and there is a consense
> about moving the Func Menu from the far east to the second row on the left
>
> The second row now starts with
> CSH - FUNCTION MENU - PATHINFO

Since leaving this fix out of 4.2 was really bothering me I took time to
work on it. The attached patch is an updated version of Steffen's
previous patches and takes into accounts the remarks about the necessary
padding below the function menus.

Note that to solve this, it was necessary to introduce a div around the
function menu markers, so as to be able to apply a negative top margin,
the only way to force the select tag back higher, since it was being
pushed down by a padding-top: 6px in the main container (and removing
that padding created an awful mess). This required also putting a div
around the CSH marker, so that all those divs could be floated left.

I haven't tested this patch with IE, because I don't have one available
right now, so I hope someone can test that.

I hope it can make it into RC1, because it is a real usability
improvement and has already been discussed in the HCI list.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter