[TYPO3-core] RFC: Load javascript libraries

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Wed Sep 26 17:09:03 CEST 2007

Hi all,

just to interupt this little discussion...

I think the solution is quite easy in this case:

We take only care of the BE, if someone wants to write BE modules he
needs to use or methods to load the JS libs. We could still have the
full path as parameter and check whether a lib is loaded already through
the basenames.

For the FE we can simply hand this over to the ECT so they can take care
of it. In fact there are already nice extensions like scriptaculous,
extjs and so on...
The ECT also provides a pear manager, they could provide something
similiar for javascript, too I guess.

all the best
Ingo