[TYPO3-core] RFC: Hook request for t3lib_befunc + t3lib_userauthgroup

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Fri Nov 16 23:33:38 CET 2007

Hi !

This is an SVN patch request.

Type: Feature request

Branches: Trunk, 4.1

Problem:
Some of you probably know my "kb_tsconfig_cond" extension which allows you
to have conditions for TS-Config (altough until now only in the BE).

There are some requests to move this extension into the core:

http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Extensions_for_the_core

(7 votes)

Solution:
I created a patch which allows to have TS-like conditiosn in:
User/Group/Page TS-Config.

I implemented a proper caching - I used the same mechanism as it is used for
the FE-TypoScript. for FE-TypoScript you have like "2 levels" of caching.
First the parsed TS is fetched from cache - stored condition lines get evaluated
and compared to the previously matched ones - if those two don't differ the
fetches TS is used.

If they differ the TS is parsed/matched again.

See the attached patch. I tested it properly.

You have to enable the option:

"[BE][TSConfigConditions]"

in the Install tool for the patch to work. In my opinion it is not ok to enable
this option by default as it would mean that the TS-Config Conditions get evaluated
on every hit of a BE script.

PS: I gave this patch precedence over another requested patch (kb_md5fepw) cause this
one is sponsored by "Bernie Pfister" (Pixelsound Web Design Perth, Australia)

greets,
Bernhard