[TYPO3-core] RFC: #6259 Disabling Tabs with no fields (does not work)

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Wed Nov 14 15:42:09 CET 2007

Hi Malte,

first of all, thanks very much for the brilliant work you're doing!

Malte Jansen schrieb:
> here is the screenshot for for the different versions....
> (I have removed some tables, but the importend part should be clear)
> Disabled (empty) tabs are labeled with "Sonstiges" and "Verein XXX".
>

> Here some Comments for an easy validation.
>
> class.t3lib_tceforms.php
> Lines 642ff:
> - Content should only be wrapped if implodded $sheetContent is not
> empty. (Otherwise the in the template.php does not work; This was the
> Main bug/Problem).
>
> template.php
> Lines ~1735ff
> - The Condition has to be remove (if ($isActive) {..}), otherwise the
> empty tab is not shown. (There are still some other Condition with
> ($isActive ? ... : ...), which were there before and work fine)
> Lines ~1853ff
> - Only Overriding the class of the div-tab, when tab not disabled,
> otherwise they would get the same layout.
>
> typo3-dyntabmenu.css
> - Should be clear from the picture (adding some padding and border)

I have just tested the patch, and there's one change in behaviour which
I don't really like:

Without your patch applied, tabs are completely removed when they are
empty (for example in the page record which uses Tabs in latest trunk).
Now as soon as I apply your patch, they are shown - but disabled.

I'm actually in favour of completely removing them always when they're
empty. What do you think?

In conjunction with the newline-for-tabs feature one would have to think
about a sensible handling though which doesn't confuse the user much.

cheers
Ingmar

--
Ingmar Schlecht