[TYPO3-core] RFC: correction of Bugfix #5683: hr processing of label field in backend

Ralf Hettinger ng at ralfhettinger.de
Fri Nov 9 21:36:06 CET 2007

This is an SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix (corrected)

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5683

Branches:
TYPO3_4-1 & trunk

Problem:
label field which is a relation is not human readable in backend, since it's not
getting processed. db relations are not being resolved for label and/or altLabel

Partial solution:
Add processing to label fields as well (until now only altLabels get processed
incompletely). Add uid to calls of t3lib_BEfunc::getProcessedValue for resolving
db relations.

Constraints:
db relations of type 'group' or 'inline' still won't get processed, since no
proper handling exists for them in t3lib_BEfunc::getProcessedValue

Comments:

Hi Martin,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> I was answering Daniel's post who for whatever reason brings this topic
> up.

Agreed. No harm meant.

> I didn't read your patch at all, which looks ok to me.
> Sidenote: I wonder why the current uid of the the row is not passed on
> from getrecordTitle() to getProcessedValue(). Wouldn't that be required
> to make DB relations work in lists?

Thanks for checking... your sidenote sounds very plausible. I just checked for
your questionmark - and of course, the patch is somewhat incomplete and not able
to resolve db relations at all.

Attaching patches which will resolve such db relations that can be resolved by
t3lib_BEfunc::getProcessedValue (which is unfortunately only type 'select' until
now, 'group' and 'inline' will still not be resovled... but that seems part of
another -and longer- story. Which should be discussed elsewhere ;) ).

Cheers
Ralf