[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #6670: Enable Tabs in Page Properties

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Fri Nov 9 01:57:02 CET 2007

Benjamin Mack wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> ok. thanks for your input here, Ingo!
> Here are my two cents... while we're at changing.
>
> =========
> Doktype Shortcut & External URL
> - call the new tab "Redirect" (= same for both doktypes) and put all the
> info in there.
>
> Doktype Not in menu
> - I wouldn't change anything here anymore since this doktype is
> deprecated IMHO and should go for 4.2 anyway. as a sidenote: We need to
> remove "not in menu" from the TCA and then add a update wizard that
> changes all "doktype=5" to "doktype=1" and "not_in_menu=1". Any volunteers?
>
> General
> * Put the "files" into options
> =========
>
> On almost all the other things I agree with ingo.
>

> greetings,
> benni.
> -SDG-
>
> www.xnos.de // www.xnos.org
>

> Ingo Renner wrote:
>> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>>
>> Hi Steffen,
>>
>>> Solution:
>>> enabled tabs in edit page record
>>
>> ok, this one went through a little too quick.
>> In general I like the patch but it's inconsistent in some places:
>>
>> * Why "Not in menu" does have a separate files tab whereas in
>> "Advanced" the files are under Metadata, where IMO thy do not belong to
>> * "Shortcut" and "External URL" have their specific settings on the
>> general tab while mount pages have a separate tab for mount settings
>> * "Recycler" has no Tabs at all
>>
>> So Steffen, can you provide a little follow up patch with the
>> following, please? I'll then commit that patch.
>>
>> * move files in the advanced type to a separate tab
>> * add a tab for all types "Access" containing time settings and FE groups
>> * move shortcut settings in "Shortcut" and URL settings in "External
>> URL" to separate tabs to keep the general tab "genral" and equal for
>> all types
>> * add a "general" tab to "Recycler" and maybe remove the access
>> settings as they won't have an effect on the FE anyways (please
>> anybody correct me if I'm wrong here)
>>

>> other then that: keep up the work!
>> Ingo

Hello folks,

I repeat myself here, because I have written the same thing in hci.

Please do not get rid of doktype "External URL". This will not improve
usability, but break it, not only for BE-Users but for website users. If
you build a list of links, it is good practice to make your users aware
that they are leaving the current site by setting a specific css class
and an appropriate title.
For BE-Users it is usefull to see at one glance which pages are external
and which are internal in the pagetree. I am sure, quite a few projects
would have to reinvent doktype "External URL".

I think, the term 'redirect' for doktype 'Shortcut' is nice, because it
will be understood in the correct sense even if you do not know what a
redirect is in the technical sense.

Prosit, Uschi