[TYPO3-core] Changing TYPO3 source charset to UTF-8?

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Thu May 3 15:06:59 CEST 2007

Ingo Renner schrieb:

> Am 03.05.2007 um 13:44 schrieb Ernesto Baschny [cron IT]:
>
>> I agree. We should have a policy that says: Anything that we tag as
>> DEPRECATED will be removed at least two versions afterwards.
>
> but wouldn't that kill the holy cow of backwards compatibility?!!

Ah, somebody noticed the catch ;-)

Of course it will, but I think that 5.0 is some time in the future. Why
shouldn't we too have some fun with a code that's a bit more clean.

And many of the deprectated things can be solved by other means. Eg. you
don't need the PAGE.hover attribute (use CSS or create a custom body tag).

IMHO the plan to force everybody to UTF8 (which I oppose) is more troublesome.

Masi