[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 4623: Content encoding with x-gzip not possible in IE7

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Mar 29 22:18:48 CEST 2007

Hi Oliver,

I did not test this, and as I have no IE7 I can't do that. But still I have
some comments:

> Solution:
> Change the information in the "Content-Encoding" header from "x-gzip" to
> "gzip" and also evaluate HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING correctly in cosideration
> of qvalues. If the browser sends "Acept-Encoding: gzip;q=0,deflate",
> this means that gzip shouldn't be used for this browser (see HTTP/1.1
> specs, RFC 2616).

So then you are having a typo here:

+       // Furthermore a qvalue check is done. "gzip;q=0" means to gzip accepted

to gzip => no gzip

+       $acceptEncoding = $GLOBALS['_SERVER']['HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING'];

As far as I know, $_SERVER is always superglobal, so no need to prepend it
with $GLOBALS.

What will be the next misbehaviour of MSIE? Probably you should already make
the preg_match() case insensitive...?

One more note: You could add HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING to t3lib_div::getIndpEnv()
so it could be wrapped - if needed - in future.

> Branches: Trunk & TYPO3_4-1 & TYPO3_4-0

I think it's not needed in TYPO3_4-0.

- michael
--