[TYPO3-core] RFC: CLI dispatcher doesn't work with CGI API

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Mon Jul 16 13:34:39 CEST 2007

Hi Masi,

> Problem: it may happen that on a host only the CGI API is installed. In
> this case the CLI dispatcher doesn't work
>
> Solution: mimic the CLI API

Couldn't check but this obviously won't break anything for sure! +1

> PS: I'm also for renameing the file from cli_dispatcher_phpsh to cli.php

Well ".phpsh" is a pretty bad extension for a shell script, but ".php" isn't
better either. In any case, this will lead to a break if someone has
already set up cron jobs using the dispatcher. So -1.

> and - what's more important - to remove the #/usr/bin -q from the first
> line. A hardcoded path is no good and isn't nice when in CGI mode.

Don't rename, but use "env" for that!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shebang_(Unix)#Solving_shebang_problems_with_the_env_program

- michael
--