[TYPO3-core] RFC: Enable pageNotFoundOnCHashError by default?

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Wed Feb 28 00:11:44 CET 2007

Hi guys,

I'm not sure if it was a good idea to introduce this patch.

According to the last comments on http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4940
there are quite a number of extensions having problems with the new
default setting of pageNotFoundOnCHashError.

Apart from that, I could not see a security advantage at all in the new
setting: The only thing this is about is whether an error-page should be
shown or a non-cached page should be output to the user. No matter what
the setting in question is, the user couldn't spam the cache table or
anything, so no security gain here.

If I get it right, the only advantage of the new setting would be to
warn administrators that the content of their pages is not cached, so
they should fix their extensions to improve performance. However, such a
message was already given to administrators by means of
   $GLOBALS['TT']->setTSlogMessage('The cHash [...] did not match, so
   caching is disabled [...]');

cheers
Ingmar