[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 4684 post1: Change description for multiplyDBfieldSize

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Fri Feb 2 15:39:27 CET 2007

This is a SVN patch request.

Problem:
A user was expecting that this must be changed for UTF-8 sites. However, it is
only necessary if the database is not running with this charset already.

Quote: "Sorry for this, but I read the following in the Install tool for
multiplyDBFieldSize:
... This is useful if you want to expand the size of fields for utf-8 ...

I thought I have to do it this way. But ok. After switching back to
multiplyDBFieldSize = 1 and Compare the DB everything is ok now."

Solution:
Clarify the message

Branches: Trunk only

(I know this is a minor issue, but I just wanted to show this to you before I
simply change it...)

- michael