[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature Request: TCEforms/IRRE - Allow TSconfig to override TCA field configuration

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Feb 2 12:44:26 CET 2007

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Does it in this context make more sense to
> make a kind of whitelist (TCA settings allowed to be overriden) rather
> than a blacklist (forbiddden changes).

One reason to use blacklists because they may be shorter than
whitelists. Another reason is that blacklists are usually backward
compatible: if nothing is in blacklist, everything still works. However
if you have to add something to whitelist after upgrade, probably you
will not like such extra manual work.

I feel (!= sure) that blacklists can be more suitable here.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs