[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7059: Improve database performance for external database host

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Mon Dec 31 17:35:50 CET 2007

"Dmitry Dulepov [typo3]" <dmitry at typo3.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1199117203.11245.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi!
>
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> proposal for easy integration:
>> Instead of using dbCompress simply a var dbClientFlags. Setting this by
>> default to 0, it could be added to the connection string without if/else.
>> So it is easy to set the flag by calculating manually. For dbCompression
>> it would be value 32.
>
> No, I do not think we should allow such low level things. This is
> programmer's view to user interface. We should provide features, not
> DIY/flags variables.

I see this point, but on the other hand it opens for detailed configuration.
These Setup-Vars are "Advanced Settings" like some others too.
To help the user with configuration it's part of the interface and
documentation. I don't know how this will be dealed by the new installer,
but e.g. giving "predefined" settings with select box will help, advanced
setting is still possible.
In this case there is no damage possible as MySQL ignores most of the flags
atm.

btw - happy new year for you and all the others!

vg  Steffen