[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #6924: t3lib_div::readLLXMLfile does not use localized content anymore

Malte Jansen mail at maltejansen.de
Thu Dec 13 16:59:51 CET 2007

Hi Helmut,

Helmut Hummel schrieb:
> Hi Olly,
>
> Oliver Hader schrieb:
>> See my post at the end of this thread. There's a patch attached (v2)
>> that shall be tested. Of course we can revert RFC #6903 (6924 is the
>> solution for it and not commited yet). So, it's up to everyone to test
>> and review the patch to have the quick solution...
>
> Sorry, no offence meant! I'm as well happy, you dig in this issue, since
> I can't. My problem is, that I cannot oveverview the impact your (and
> Dmitrys) former patch has, so I cannot really review it.
>
> I even do not know how to test this intensiveley, since I don't know
> exactly how many possibilities exist to reproduce the bug.
>
> That's why I personally tended to revert Dmitrys change, but if I
> undersand your last posting correctly, this does not help, and the
> affected users must also delet the typo3temp/llxml folder.
>
> After all:
>
> If anyone can provide a step by step test scenario, I'm happy to test
> the patch.

Here is a small scenario:

1. Delete files in typo3temp/llxml/
2. Enter BE with user with some other language than default
3. Edit record, which uses some locallang_db.xml not supported by
language-server
4a. All labels should be displayed with default language (without patch)
4b. All labels should be displayed with language of the user (with patch)

Cheers,

Malte