[TYPO3-core] RFC: Cleanup #6713: Remove "text_properties" etc. from tt_content table

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Fri Dec 7 11:43:17 CET 2007

"Dmitry Dulepov [typo3]" <dmitry at typo3.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1197021322.20444.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi!
>
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> There are these ultra-old buttons and dropdowns to select the font size
>> etc. when editing a content element (from the RTE). I never ever used
>> them, we have now a good RTE and if the RTE is disabled, people code HTML
>> in the bodytext field. So there is no need for it.
>> Of course it breaks compatibility, but we have to do something to make
>> TYPO3 more usable.
>
> Just came over this thread. Why cannot we remove these fields from "types"
> section and keep them in database for compatibility?
>
> --

Hi Dmitry,

this is solved now by default settings of css_styled_content, which is now
loaded by default:

TCEFORM.tt_content {
 text_properties.disabled=1
 text_align.disabled=1
 text_color.disabled=1
 text_face.disabled=1
 text_size.disabled=1
 image_frames.disabled = 1

 CType.removeItems = div,rte,script,splash
}

so nothing is removed, it's just disabled by default.

vg  Steffen