[TYPO3-core] RFC: Splitting CMS-TCA into several files (clean up)

Malte Jansen mail at maltejansen.de
Wed Dec 5 12:55:47 CET 2007

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Malte Jansen wrote:
>> So if you have a big page with many users (fe,be) it gains more and
>> more weight.
>
> Did not undersnatd this one :(

So if you have a big page with 100 users online (in average) and they
all need the dynamic file it's 100 times ~40ms.

>> Because you always load the same file 'dynamicConfigFile' =>
>> t3lib_extMgm::extPath($_EXTKEY).'tbl_cms.php'
>> in the sysext/cms/ext_tables.php.
>>
>> So if you splitting this file you only have to load the part you need.
>> So you include 6 times 24KB and not just 6 times ~4-5KB.
>
> It should be through require_once, not through require. Also I remember
> we talked about removing dynamic file for these tables at all.

Ok, if they should be merged you only load them once.
But instead of merging them, you could splitt them to several files and
get some speed and get more readable code...

Are all tables used everytime? e.g. sys_domain and static_template? I
don't think so. fe_users/groups are only needed reguarly in the
frontend. only the pages-tables is used every where... So they should
not be merged...

But in common the tca.php should be splittet to each table.
t3lib_div::loadTCA($table) is using include.

So there should be a big "NOTE" in doc_core_api to split the TCA file
into several files.
But them into the ext-subfolder "tca/" and label the files with the
tablename.
Perhaps the Kickstarter should also be change in the behavior to only
create one tca-file.

Cheers,

Malte