[TYPO3-core] RFC: a hook in TCEforms to complement hook in TCEmain

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Aug 30 15:31:30 CEST 2007

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> You point out what I think is one major flaw in the concept. It mixes up
> validations and transformations.

Well, what do you propose? Break existing hook or add useless parameters
to a new one? :)

I wrote that existing hook is bad. But since it already exists, we
cannot change it. New hook cannot be better because it complements
existing one. But it helps avoiding xclasses.

Original hook requires that evaluation is defined as one per class. So
complementary hook follows.

I am not happy about it. But what else can we do here? It fits together.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/