[TYPO3-core] RFC: a hook in TCEforms to complement hook in TCEmain

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Aug 30 13:36:02 CEST 2007

Hi!

This is SVN patch request.

Branches: trunk *and* 4.1

Problem: currently TCEmain has a hook for evaluating values. This way
you can transform 123 to 456 on saving. But there is no opposite hook in
TCEforms, so you cannot translate 456 back to 123 in TCEforms. Currently
it means that punycode domains can be encoded using hook but decoding
must XCLASS tceform, which is bad.

Solution: add hook to TCEforms. I made a simplest version of hook, which
accepts only value. I though about sending more parameters but hook in
TCEmain does not accept them either, so they will be useless in the
context of the hook class.

I want this hook in both trunk and 4.1 to give access to extended domain
names without a need to xclass the core in earlier versions.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/