[TYPO3-core] FYI: Fixed bug 6170: CSC - File locallang.php used in static template instead of locallang.xml

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Aug 21 16:05:50 CEST 2007

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote: on 21.08.2007 10:58:

>> As discussed with you via Skype, I changed the TYPO3 requirement for the
>> sysext from 4.1.0 back to 3.8.0. The readLLfile() function in t3lib_div
>> was released with TYPO3 3.8.0.
>
> I am not sure it is a good change. 3.8.0 had a different HTML markup.
> This is why 4.0 had compatibility wizard. CSS styled content works
> differently in 3.x and 4.x versions.

I am also not sure why we would want a sysext compatible with an older
TYPO3 version which we don't even support anymore.

At least the IMGTEXT rendering (render_textpic) will not work as
expected in TYPO3 3.8.0, because:

- only in 4.0 we introduced getAltParam() in tslib_cObj.
- splitting of captions won't work as expected in 3.8.0, as only in 4.0
we had IMAGE_NUM being set and stdWrap's "split" method supporting the
returnKey parameter.

So I vote for depending current css_styled_content to cms > 1.0.25 (or
even TYPO3 > 4.0), which is when those stuff were added.

Cheers,
Ernesto