[TYPO3-core] Installer 2.0 status

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Aug 16 09:15:07 CEST 2007

Hi!

Thomas Hempel wrote:
> The problem (Or maybe it's not a problem but a misunderstanding on my
> side) is, that the translations in sysext/lang only contain english as
> default language. The installer needs subset translations *before* the
> system is installed.

I see... Than you still can put english in sysext/lang, so that
Installer can be translated. But if use wants another language, you can
go and fetch it from TER. This way user will also get proper BE language
when he logs on for the first time.

> Another point is, that the setup-center should be extendable via
> extensions. In this case the module itself has to provide the
> translation files. I didn't found a elegant solution for this problem
> yet. Ideas are welcome.

If it is expandable with extensions, extensions should use language
files, which are translatable as well. Of coursr, they have to be on the
translation server for that. But this is the easiest part ;)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/