[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #1839: Broken Rootline when a Editor view a Page that is not online

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed Apr 18 16:25:23 CEST 2007

Ingo Renner schrieb:

> Am 18.04.2007 um 14:57 schrieb Martin Kutschker:
>
>> There are a couple of WS related bugs which are really annoying  like
>> this one.
>>
>> Can we make an exemption and have them into 4.0 as well?
>
> As it's a bug, why not? It's not a feature...

Michael Stucki wanted us only to commit security bugs into 4.0. My point
was to fix also compatibility issues (eg problems with new browser
versions) and "dead-end" UI experiences for users or more serious issues
(eg data loss). I think Michael's point was that it's too hard to draw a
line in the light of our limited resources.

But as WSes are, hm, a bit hard too handle anyway, I'd love to see these
issues resolved for users that cannot upgrade to 4.1 easily. Of course I'm
willing to do the patching myself if the patch submitter doesn't want to. I
even volunteer to patch if necessary 4.0 for all of the above mentioned
error classes.

Masi