[TYPO3-core] Planning 4.1

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2006 at typo3.com
Wed Oct 11 15:46:58 CEST 2006

Hi Ingmar and others.

I'm working to create a new backend interface. Its simply a new
alt_main.php script with an IFRAME playing "content" area and using
layers for menus and more.

The old "alt_main.php" will still be accessible either for all future
or a period of time - let popularity decide that.

I'm also working on a new start-up module for people - in fact a
dashboard kind of thing (see www.google.com/ig or www.netvibes.com)

So much for HCI.

We will usability test the work around november.

Comments to other work Ingmar mentioned.

- Normalize page types:
I disagreed with Michael on several points; While some ideas are
valid his proposal was too extreme. Further; Its a big usability
problem if icons doesn't reflect the state of items anymore because
we move away from doktype values. For instance, this is the case for
"Not in menu" which I still prefer as doktype for this reason.

- Team Communication in the BE
This is an obvious feature in the dashboard. Maybe we will see it there.

- New Install Tool
Must go through the HCI team for usability testing. But I strongly
support this. Can it be ready for 4.1?

Sorry for the late reply.

- kasper