[TYPO3-core] 2 HCI ideas for 4.1

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Tue Nov 21 09:27:57 CET 2006

Hi!

Idea 1 - improve FE editing:

I had some ideas to improve editing with the possibility to edit localaized
pages and records. I even made a patch which did not made it into 4.0.
Addionally some styling options would be great so that the edit UI
integrates better in the FE.

Rather simple, I can do it if I find the time, but I'd be delighted if
someone else who has just a little bit of time could step in.

Idea 2 - improve file removal in TCA form:

If you remove a file from a group field and save the record it will be
deleted from the upload folder. But it won't be deleted if you simply
replace it and save only once. This leads to suffixing of the files (_01
etc). Quite annoying when you want to upload a newer version of the file.
The solution is to store the removed files with JS in a hidden fields and
delete them prior to moving the new uploaded files to the upload folder.

Masi