[TYPO3-core] RFC: #2278 -

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Nov 7 14:32:28 CET 2006

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:

> Ingmar Schlecht wrote:
>> I agree with Ernesto.
>
> Did any of you test it actually? It runs on many sites for several
> months without any problem but with huge BE performance increase...
>
> Anyway, we agreed not to add any new features to 4.0.x...

It is not just a matter of the core team testing it, because our team
cannot cover all possible environments where TYPO3 runs. I don't run any
IIS or Windows/Apache or any other constelation that might potentially
be dangerous. And I am certain that you know what you are doing when you
run your web servers, but there are lots of people out there that just
have to "trust" that it works on their servers (shared hosting
enviroments, servers managed by service providers, etc), and we should
not make their lifes harder.

Which is why I think this is a good candidate for the 4.1 series. You
still need +1's for that? If so, I can allocate some time to test it.

Cheers,
Ernesto