[TYPO3-core] RFC: RTE magick images have a doublefile extension

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Mon Nov 6 14:20:28 CET 2006

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>

>>PS: Does anyone know if the RTEmagicP_ files are used in th FE? Reading
>>the code I take them as temporary files as only RTEmagic_C files are
>>passed to the text field (and no other references to RTEmagicP is in the
>>code). If so this should be changed to a) use typo3temp and b) remove
>>the files. Currently they just fill up uploads/.
>

> As far as I understood the code (t3lib_parsehtml_proc::TS_images_db),
> the RTEmagicP files are the "original" versions of the images uploaded
> directly into the RTE (or fetched from a remote URL).

Aha. I'll have a look, because I could find just one reference to RTEmagicP
and RTEmagicC right in the upload code.

> If I then later edit this content element and decide to enlarge the
> image to 400x400, this will be resized from the original version, so
> that the operation won't loose any details.

Fine.

> So moving those RTEmagicP files to typo3temp could be risky.

Well, if we need those files then everythings is ok. Personally I would
like it better if RTE used separate directories for this but I won't go and
try a backwards-compatible change.

> Maybe we could move the *RTEmagicC* files (the resized ones) to
> typo3temp, just like we do on other frontend transformations
> (typo3temp/pics/), as those could be recreated from RTEmagicP on demand.

When would be the moment to recreate them? It'll have to be a function that
transforms RTE db content to FE ready HTML content. I fear this is much too
complex.

Masi